Sr Manufacturing Engineer - Propulsion Engineering
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued?Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.Role Summary:The Senior Propulsion Engineer demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In the role of Senior Propulsion Engineer, you will support the technical engineering needs for the assigned product lines, to insure customer and business needs are met or exceeded across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.Essential Responsibilities:
Additionally, as the Senior Propulsion Engineer, key responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the lead engineering focal for the assigned product lines
- In close coordination with team members, develop action plans / projects to achieve assigned engineering metrics
- Coach and mentor team members across the engineering organization
- Key contributor to the development of the site technical talent pipeline
- Coordinate with the Lean / Cost Productivity teams to drive value added projects, improving customer satisfaction, improved delivery metrics, and achieve targeted cost objectives
- Initiate and maintain relationship with our customers, internal customer teams, shop operations and Services Engineering
- Support Services Engineering in the development of strategic and tactical workscope recommendations, engine manual limits, repairs, and process improvements
- Use Six Sigma tools to make cross-functional decisions and process / product improvementsQualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineering SpecialistELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employmentDesired Characteristics:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Strother Field Industrial Park in South Central Kansas is jointly owned by Winfield, five miles to the north, and Arkansas City, five miles to the south. Built as a World War II Army Air Force training base, Strother Field, with its runways and facilities inherited from this beginning, is ideally suited for its current role as an industrial park. Today Strother Field fuels the Cowley County economy with a base of successful businesses and industries. Come see why we love our community!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnectionsLocations:United States; Kansas; Arkansas City
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.