MK10 - Communication Specialist
Kelly Services eAccounts, Shakopee Minnesota
Part-time Contract Event and Trade Show Administrative Assistant
Length of Contract: 6 months
Coordinates and manages events and tradeshows with Communications Managers and manages fulfillment processes and logistics. Provides support for Community Relations and Internal Communications programs as needed
Ideal schedule is Monday (9am-12pm), Wednesday (9am-1pm) and Friday (9am-12pm) – however schedule can be negotiable
Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinates trade shows in support of communications managers to meet business needs
- Assists with venue selection, books space, signs contracts, coordinates needs with exhibit house and other vendors, provides on-site assistance as required
- Premium research, procurement and management
- Coordinates the needs for new exhibit and graphics production and oversees development
- Supervises in-booth needs, shipping, billing, insurance, and collateral
- Supervises the collateral fulfillment process and fulfillment house
- Monitors usage of collateral in-season and re-order needs
- Reviews collateral usage from previous season and helps establish re-order levels with communications managers
- Facilitates creation and ordering of new plot signs, technical bulletins and other printed material
- Ensures adherence to corporate branding standards of premium, trade show and related items
- Responsible for writing and issuing select internal communications vehicles: newsflashes, newsletters.
- Provides support to Group Manager in Community Relations programs
- Evaluate programs in terms of cost, approach and positioning in relation to competitors and trends in the marketplace
- Interface with marketing, Ag Chem. and Specialty Products customers, advertising agencies, public relations agency personnel, fulfillment houses, printers and vendors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with marketing and creative teams, understand media, creative and technical production techniques, research methods, distribution channels and target audiences.
- Understanding of marketing and sales principles as they relate to the communication process.
- Strong project and organizational skills; results orientation; strong writing skills; detail oriented.
- Budget management and negotiation skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel skills required
- BS or BA in communication or related discipline preferred
- 3-5 years meeting planning experience preferred
- Travel: approximately 35-40%
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please apply or email directly at [email protected] Or, if you have a question, feel free to direct message me using this link: https://flashrecruit.com/user/SarahMuraida