Lab Technician - Joliet, IL (2 Positions)
"Use this link to chat with a recruiter now: https://flashrecruit.com/user/RachitaSaxena “
Pay: $18.00 - $19.00 /hour
Length: 12 months W2
Shifts: Alternating shifts on nights. 12 hour shifts.
This is an intermediate-level position. Performs a variety of routine laboratory operations (in a laboratory or plant) with technical direction from supervisor. Duties usually consist of making measurements, performing several routine quantitative and qualitative tests, performing routine calculations and determinations on tests and evaluating experimental results. Some judgment is applied to interpreting test results. Assists in writing experimental reports, summaries, protocols and appropriate documentation in lab notebook. Uses standard laboratory equipment and performs limited troubleshooting. Performs routine and safety program checks and preventive maintenance on instruments.
Education/Work Experience:Requires a secondary diploma or equivalent, and two to four years of laboratory technician or closely related experience. An associate degree/coursework in a related field (e.g. lab technician programs, college coursework in science, technology, engineering or mathematics) is preferred and may substitute for some experience.
Independence Level/Reports to:Performs work under moderate supervision and receives regular instruction. Works on assignments and performs tests that are moderately complex, where discretion is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Normally reports to a higher-level laboratory technician or the Laboratory Supervisor.
• Additional Job Description
Seeking a Senior Lab Technician who will be responsible for analytical testing that will be used in the development of new product specifications. In this position you will perform quality testing, maintenance, and calibrations of the instruments in addition to assisting in the development of new test methods as needed.
What’s in it For You:
• The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
• The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
• The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
• Assist in maintaining the productivity and organization of a busy research laboratory
• Maintain Standard Operating Procedures and make recommends for their improvement
• Participate in scientific discussion and critical thinking
• Support PhaseGate methodology and documentation
• Assemble test materials and equipment to expedite test procedures
• Perform laboratory testing under the supervision of scientists and project leaders
• Record test results accurately and concisely in a laboratory notebook
• Assist in analyzing and interpreting experimental data
• Maintain clean and safe work facility
• Associate’s degree
• 2 years of experience working in a lab environment
• Immigration sponsorship not available for this role.
• B.S./B.A degree
• Knowledge of laboratory practices, scientific terminology, and the characterization and preparation of materials used in routine and special procedures
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• A high attention to detail and quality in results
• Must be able to establish and meet deadlines to produce independent results, while building a network of resources in the company
• Must work well with other team members, including design engineers
• Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously
APPLY NOW!! Also, feel free to follow up via email to [email protected]
OR "Use this link to chat with a recruiter now: https://flashrecruit.com/user/RachitaSaxena “