ER11 - Manufacturing/Production Engineer
Kelly Services eAccounts, Grand Rapids MI
Pay Rate $30
Mon Thru Fri. 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hours: 40 hours per week with OT as Needed
1 year contract
Candidates must be ITAR compliant.
• Assignments will be made based on specific products with an emphasis on the electrical side of Eaton’s product offerings. Such as, Motor Controllers, motors, and related components
• General expectations will include technical support services and work instructions to assure production of quality products with minimal variation, at the optimal cost
• Product Engineers are also expected to identify, analyze, and implement effective solutions for safety, product performance, quality, and productivity concerns.
• All operation support personnel are expected to drive continuous improvement as it relates to our products and Assembly/Test functions.
• Train technicians to perform board-level troubleshooting and rework
• Provide technical leadership in troubleshooting product and process problems (specifically related to electrical components and circuit boards)
A. Provide timely product and process support to the operations team and supply chain.
B. Act as applications and functional expert for assigned products. Communicate, interpret and evaluate design intent and functional requirements of the product to the operations team and supply chain.
C. Design, support, and implement assembly fixtures, tooling and equipment.
D. Implement design/redesign changes related to continuous improvement for momentum hardware.
E. Support test equipment design, build and maintenance.
F. Create and maintain bills of material (BOM), operator instruction sheets (OIS) and routers. Disposition non-conforming materials (NCM) and discrepant material reports (DMR). Implement corrective actions.
G. Drive improvement in first pass yield and operational metrics through use of lean practices and continuous improvement techniques such as DFMA, 8D, and Six Sigma.
H. Provide assembly/test operators with accurate, clear, and concise work instructions. Support new design/development and qualification processes for a smooth and timely production launch.
I. Carry out other duties as assigned.
o Bachelors Degree in Engineering
o Circuit analysis skills (ability to read wiring schematics, identify critical elements and troubleshoot)
o Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing engineering methods and techniques, manufacturing operations, and the ability to evaluate production and related operations required to manufacture new or modified products
o Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships within all areas
o Effective use of tact and persuasion in dealing with personnel involved with manufacturing
o Knowledge of dynamic electro-mechanical systems and mechanical power train devices, including gears, ballscrews, housings, and bearings
o Experience in a lean manufacturing environment
o Experience with Six Sigma and project management preferred
o Experience in troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical actuation systems
o Minimum of three years diversified manufacturing experience with emphasis on assembly, fabrication, machining, processing, and methods analysis