Volt has partnered with a growing data services company, delivering key insights to sales and marketing departments who is now hiring for a Product Manager!
Located in beautiful Santa Barbara Ca, they are powered by a group of highly intelligent developers and data scientists with a mandate of having the largest technology install database in the world.
We offer a competitive salary, 401K, growth potential, great benefits and a casual yet professional environment. Get your sweat on at one of our fitness classes or go for a run along the beach which is two blocks away. You can find employees riding bikes to lunch in the funk zone or hanging out in one of our collaboration spaces. We are passionate about our jobs with a get-it-done attitude, yet we don’t take ourselves too seriously. While we work very hard, you may find the office empty on days when the surf is up.
What You’ll Do:
Our client uses advanced data science to provide B2B companies a better way to analyze markets and target prospects to achieve remarkable results in their marketing and sales programs.
We are seeking a product manager to lead our market-facing products and best-in-class data platform. The ideal candidate will bring the depth of functional experience (product management) and subject matter expertise experience (data, analytics, sales and marketing technology buyers) with a proven track record.
Reporting to the Director of Product, the Product Manager works closely with cross functional teams, especially engineering to guide products from conception to launch. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about building software products that are beautiful, meaningful, intuitive, and create a delightful experience for our users in an exciting, fast-growing market. This is a great opportunity for an experienced, aspiring individual to join a fantastic team and make an immediate impact on our company by helping bring big data to life.
What You'll Be Responsible For:
- Build and own the product vision for your area and ensure it aligns with the overall product strategy and company vision.
- Be an expert and thought leader for your area, the market, and trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context, and understand where we are going.
- Be the champion and voice of customers. Build intimate, personal customer relationships and bring the customer's voice into the process.
- Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable and accurate roadmap.
- Translate market observations and customer feedback into a prioritized product backlog. Author use cases based on specific real-world product applications and extrapolate detailed product requirements for the scenarios.
- We win or lose as a team. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Own the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Develop new market opportunities to grow the business with your expertise with the market and customers.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of relevant product management experience with proven track record of bringing successful products to market.
- Experience building products with knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, Design, Sales, Customer Support, and Marketing.
- Experience with agile methodologies and tools including experience working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- MS/MBA with 5 years of relevant work experience in a technology company.
- Experience working with enterprise SaaS products, Big Data, Business Intelligence, CRM, and Marketing Automation platform.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends; excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer