Senior Internal Auditor - No Travel!
Laurus Group, Philadelphia PA
Laurus Accounting & Finance is seeking an experienced audit professional for a new opportunity. We are assisting our client in their search for a Senior Internal Auditor. This individual will be responsible for planning, performing, and supervising the performance of operational, financial, and compliance audits. He/she will manage project assignments, budgets, and timelines in an effort to ensure completion of projects.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the largest and most prominent institutions in the country. Our client offers superior benefits and an excellent work life balance.
Responsibilities of the Senior Internal Auditor:
- Plan audits to identify and evaluate risks and controls to provide assurance of control effectiveness and measure compliance
- Develop audit scopes and programs, tests of controls, data analyses, and strategies
- Coordinate project team efforts and oversee the work of audit staff
- Document audit work
- Identify issues and control weaknesses
- Review staff workpapers
- Develop action plans to address audit issues
- Additional duties as needed
Requirements of the Senior Internal Auditor:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business-related field of study required; advanced degree in Business, Finance, or Info Systems is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in internal audit, public accounting, or operations
- CIA, CPA, or related certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrate effective leadership, self-motivation, and initiative
- Ability to handle multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills