Contract Tax Administration Associate needed in Omaha, NE
Length of Contract: 5 months
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assists with customer service calls and handles the reporting of customer’s tax inquiries related to group disability insurance policies.
- Research and respond to questions related to tax documents, evaluate accuracy of documents, and process corrections as needed.
- Completes tax calculations for tax reportable events and may perform SSN updates as required in accordance with established procedures and guidelines in a timely manner meeting departmental quality/production standards
- Completes applicable tax reporting on any taxable event for his/her assigned area(s) of Group Protection responsibility.
- Completes research and resolves tax calculation issues for his/her assigned area(s) in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with applicable internal/ external stakeholders while maintaining a professional demeanor in all interactions.
- Escalates issues/concerns to more senior team members and/or management.
- Researches, evaluates, corrects and processes corrections to tax documents (e.g. W-2, 1099) for Group policyholder, individual members and Brokers in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Develops relationships & collaborates with a network of internal partners to deliver issue resolution.
- Understands customer needs, prioritizes duties & adheres to regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Leverages knowledge of all Mainframe, applicable End User Computer tools, and Corporate Tax system at the policy &/or product level to identify & troubleshoot system issues & collaborates with Business & Technology Optimization and IT to reconcile.
- Proactively reaches out to customers to assist & resolve issues before customer writes a complaint.
- Receives, researches, responds to & resolves customer service tax issues related to group disability insurance products.
- Assists with annual mailing of required tax forms: obtains, analyzes & reconciles year-end data from various sources, evaluates variances, reviews production & mailing of tax documents in compliance with IRS regulations & deadlines
- Maintains customer confidentiality while complying with privacy regulations.
- Documents customer interactions in appropriate system(s).
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED or minimum Associate degree in lieu of required experience. (Minimum Required)
- 1 - 3+ Years Experience in a customer service position within the financial services industry that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities. (Required)
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret internal documents such as policy and procedures and standard operating procedures.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Works with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averages and/or variances.
- REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to evaluate information and the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates solid relationship management skills with internal and/or external clients (e.g. management, peers, colleagues, customers, etc.).
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle & feel & talk, hear & see.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk & reach with hands & arms.
- Employee must be able to work more than 40 hrs per week.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please apply or email directly at [email protected] Or, if you have a question, feel free to direct message me using this link: https://flashrecruit.com/user/SarahMuraida