ER14 - Quality Engineer
Kelly Services eAccounts, Dulles Virginia
28 an hour
6 month contract
Experience with hand measuring tools (Ex: calipers, micrometers, indicators); Experience with reading mechanical drawings including GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing); Excellent communicator and works with minimal supervision. Team: Machine Shop with 5-10 employees. Applicant will be part of a 2 person team that inspects machine shop and outsourced mechanical components Low volume, high mix. Machine Shop also has in-house plating and painting facility.**
1. Perform in-process and final inspections on mechanical products in support of multiple Satellite Manufacturing Facility work centers (Receiving, Manufacturing, Integration and Test) and perform product build documentation review and end-item data package review.
2. Perform detailed inspections on Mechanical components at the piece part level, utilizing engineering documentation and applicable workmanship standards to verify as-built matches as-designed.
3. Uphold quality standards and workmanship practices in assigned work center(s) by learning/practicing process specifications and employing quality workmanship standards during everyday job functions.
4. Assist in training and developing training material for Mechanical inspectors.
6. Generate nonconformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
7. Review nonconformities and provide input relative to disposition of mechanical parts.
8. Review nonconformance reports and assist in developing Root Cause / Corrective Action plans through detailed analysis.
9. Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with ISO 9001/AS 9100 procedures and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
10. Take complex measurements utilizing inspection tooling and verify dimensional requirements/tolerances have been met.
1. Must be able to read complex mechanical engineering documentation and inspect to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions
2. Extensive knowledge base in mechanical field
3. Minimum 10 years’ experience as qualified Machinist or in Mechanical field of work in technical job function
4. Fluent in use of Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications.
5. Knowledge of how to operate various mechanical tooling, lathes, mills, etc. to aid understanding of how parts are fabricated and in defect detection.
6. High School degree or equivalent