IT45 - Tech Support Analyst
Kelly Services eAccounts, Mason Ohio
Kelly Services is currently seeking Technical Support Specialists for a manufacturer and distributor of designer eye wear located in Mason, OH.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will provide Inbound customer service for internal customers (Company Stores).
Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Location: Mason, OH 45040
Job Type: Seasonal with possible temp to perm roles available per business needs
Length: 12/3/18 – 6/2/19
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Training Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:30 for training. If the candidate is selected for a PERM role, they will have to be available until Midnight.
WORK SCHEDULE --- *SUBJECT TO CHANGE with business needs and @ Client Discretion*
- Training will be from 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM Monday – Friday
- Training is approximately 5 business days + 1 week of Transition
- After Training/Transition, associates would move to either a 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM shift or 10:00 AM – 6:30 PM.
- Once an agent has been cross trained we will include them in the regular pool of hours and they are scheduled based on shift availability/performance/seniority.
- They will most likely not work the same scheduled hours each day.
- Schedules are usually posted one week in advance and are released on Monday of the preceding week
- If there are any scheduling restrictions, we need to know those ahead of time before we meet with them.
- WEEKEND HOURS: Associate will be placed in a weekend rotation that could potentially include both Saturday and Sunday on a rotating basis.
- The opportunity to work both Saturday and Sunday consistently is available if preferred.
Hours of operation are between the hours of 8:00 AM – 12:00 AM Monday – Friday; 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM on Saturday; 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM on Sunday
- Responsible for providing technical support in a timely, consistent, and courteous manner to all Resolution Center customers in the operation of their computer systems for approved applications.
- Provide assistance in resolving most problems of hardware and supported applications, and explaining these resolutions in a clear, concise manner.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing technical support in a timely, consistent and courteous manner to all Support Center customers in the operation of supported systems for approved applications.
- Responsible for diagnosing/resolving problems through both questioning techniques and through the use of remote diagnostics.
- Assists by giving correct resolutions in a clear, concise and courteous manner.
- Interprets error messages from system software or application programs; initiates required actions.
- Places necessary service calls and follows through to completion with both service contractor and Support Center Customer.
- Escalation of unresolved calls to second level support (both internal and external) and follows through to completion.
- Quality Assurance: Assist with proofing documentation/procedures relating to supported systems.
- Software Updates: Responsible for coordinating the installation of new software releases from the Beta Test phase through implementation.
- Administrative Responsibilities: -Development of procedures for Support Center. -Record all communication relating to associates questions/problems into call tracking. Proofing and testing of procedures prior to implementation. -Programming of diskettes for tax changes, bank account updates and defective diskettes -Assist in training users in the operation of the supported systems -Flexibility to work varied schedules, including evenings and weekends and to carry emergency paging devises as scheduled.
- COMMUNICATIONS WITH OTHERS: INTERNAL: All Home Office, Store, and Field Management associates. EXTERNAL: -Computer Maintenance Support Vendors -Software Support from Vendors.
- High School required; College experience preferred
- Ensures that required application performance levels are achieved
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Problem resolution - Able to troubleshoot computer software/hardware issues over the phone
- Superior organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Pleasant phone manners
- Computer hardware and software knowledge
- Strong Customer Service orientation.
- Point of Sale environment/retail experience preferred
- Direct involvement with customer service experience
- Computer systems experience.
If you're interested in the position please send a follow up email (with your resume) to [email protected] for further consideration. Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you.