Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Bronx, New York - Five Star Nursing
Licensed Practical Nurse
Currently seeking LPNs for job openings in the Bronx area. The ideal candidate will preferably possess long-term care experience and Sigmacare experience (computer system, patient information.) Bilingual candidates preferred.
- Record a patient’s medical history accurately
- Take and record measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate etc.
- Observe patients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications etc.
- Monitor patients’ condition including fluid intake and output and compose patient charts
- Assist ailing patients in daily necessary activities such as eating, bathing etc.
- Administer injections, prescribed medications, enemas etc., clean and dress wounds and assist with other basic medical care tasks
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed
- Communicate with patients’ family or friends to provide advice, comfort and release instructions
- Paid orientation
- Competitive compensation
- Sick days
- Monthly New Applicant Winners
- Company contribution for required annual health screenings
- Easy access to 24/7 support
- Wide variety of shifts and locations
- Offices conveniently located in Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Long Island, Staten Island and Pennsylvania.
- Flexible Schedules- full time or part time available
- Weekend Schedule Available
Facilities located in Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Long Island, Staten Island and Pennsylvania.
- Current LPN license and registration
- Sigma Care experience (computer system, patient information) a plus
- Long-term care experience a big plus but new grads welcome as well
- Bilingual Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish or additional languages a plus
- CPR certification
- Malpractice insurance
- Current Annual health Screenings
- US Work Authorization
- Specific Documents as Required