Matrix Resources , Dallas Texas
Job Titile: Accountant Location: Dallas, TX 75201 Term: 1 Year Contract to Hire Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.
- Reviews and/or processes billing/invoicing and enters data into the accounting databases.
- May either apply or submit cash applications to the vouchers/invoices. Researches and resolves accounts receivable issues.
- Allocates AP invoices to client projects.
- Prepares wire transfers. Accrues expenses.
- Answers questions from other departments, locations and divisions regarding various accounting issues and reports, including profit and loss reports. Researches open accounting issues.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting own project deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex items to Senior Accountant or department management.
- At least 2 years of billing and accounting experience
- Strong experience with manual billing (calculating it out), accruals, wire applications and project allocations
- Must have strong Excel experience and data entry skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting