Title: Solutions Architect
Location: Fort Mill, SC 29707
Term: 3 Months Contract to Hire Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Deliver technical services, problem-solving, analytical and corrective resolutions to client requests/on boarding; monitor alerts, and manage project requirements.
- Provide escalation support for other members of small technical team; work with management to mentor and optimize effectiveness of support team.
- Monitor and manage workstation, server, and network components.
- Track all time relating to each projects, break fix cases and document assigned responsibilities.
- Set up Windows 2012 Servers (virtual and physical) out of the box.
- Manage Active Directory and group policies (creation and troubleshooting).
- Migrate servers and transfer active directory roles.
- Administer Office 365 – set up new accounts, install software, DirSync, etc.
- Troubleshoot email issues -- send/receive testing and issue resolution.
- Install and troubleshoot firewall/routers -- Rules, NAT, VLANs, VPN (site-to-site and remote user) - web filtering.
- Oversee wireless network deployments.
- Test and resolve ISP/connectivity issues
- High level of expertise and extensive knowledge working with SMB Networks including design assistance, planning, implementation, configuration, Security, Wi-Fi, VoIP, Packet prioritization, Internet connectivity, Firewalls, VPN's, VLAN's, advanced troubleshooting, and resolution support for both local and wide-area networks.
- Highly skilled in the areas of complex devices such as network routers, switches, concentrators, hubs, wireless access points, fiber optics, telephony circuits/equipment, security/video surveillance systems, servers, and storage arrays.
- Widely experienced with a variety of Network, Workstation, Laptop, and Server hardware manufacturers such as Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM, Apple, and Lenovo as well as the operating systems that run on these platforms including various versions of Microsoft Workstation/Server operating systems, Apple McIntosh OS X, Virtualization packages.
- Expert in the area of Backup / Restore solutions for both local Workstation and Server environments including Cloud capabilities. Expertise on high end Multi function Print/Copy/Scan/FAX Devices including Lexmark, HP, Xerox.
- Micro device (cell phones, tablets, etc.) hardware and software repair/support experience across all major OEM's including Android, Apple IOS, and Windows Mobile operating platforms.
- Ability to provide advanced technical support via telephone and/or remote connectivity to clients including onsite evaluations for network and equipment proposals, equipment installations, configurations, and resolution assistance on extremely difficult, time consuming, and chronic break/fix repair issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of direct experience and involvement with Network design, planning, and implementation.
- Troubleshooting and repairing all network, hardware, and software related issues in an SMB Environment.
- Requires 3-6 years of related work experience or Bachelor's degree or technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years of professional experience in a matrix organization.
- Background supporting environments under 1000 users.
- Currently have 8+ years of related IT experience.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Experience with Remote Management and Monitoring (Kaseya, Labtech)
- Basic knowledge and support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Respond to service tickets based on alerts and notifications generated by a remote monitoring and management system.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.