Voca has an immediate opening available for a Patient Flow Coordinator in St. Paul, MN! Interested candidates will reach out to Marcus Olivera at [email protected], direct line 952 303 8117.
Responsible for facilitating continuous throughput by overseeing all HE Acute Care patient admissions, discharges and transfer activity while maintaining capacity both currently and prospectively. Answers multiple phone lines and maintains bed control function.
* Serves as single point of contact and initial decision maker for all patient placement in the hospital during shift for one call bed placement. Receives all incoming calls for patient placement both internal and external. Collaborates with unit to place patient according to established criteria. Communicates all pertinent patient placement information to all parties. Maintains the visual bed board of bed activity.
* Communicates with nursing staff, as needed to ensure proper bed placement is obtained. Collaborates with Administrative Nursing Supervisor (ANS) for difficult patient placements.
* Ensures correct admission date, time and patient type is reflected in EPIC. Enters information in the computer for transfer of patients in a timely manner. Enters room clean functions in a timely manner.
* Maintains and communicates the global picture of hospital capacity at all times.
* Participates in projects, data collection, and other activities designed to enhance patient flow.
* Coordinates all future and current direct admissions through communication with the ANS staff and care management.
* Completes after hours ROI for all three acute care hospitals.
* Completes statewide MNTRAC data entry for all sites.
* Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
* Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Experience: 3 years experience in a hospital or clinical setting Working knowledge of the healthcare delivery system including admission and discharge processes.
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Clinical education including LPN, EMT, CNA, etc. is preferred.
Voca | Senior Recruiter
t 952-303-8117 m 218-341-5408
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Voca: The Spirit of Work IND-MO