Software Developer 19-00003
Tech Talent Link, Inc
We want to work with someone who is:
● Friendly, with strong communication skills.
● Able to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
● Driven to learn new technologies and solve challenging problems.
● Open to solving problems in a new way
● An efficiency-minded engineer.
● Passionate about creating and optimizing the most efficient software.
● Work in an Agile environment
○ Ensure that the team is following best practices for Agile/scrum
○ Ensure that the team meets sprint commitments and that the work they are doing is top priority as defined by the Product Owner
○ Facilitate and/or participate in Agile/scrum rituals such as sprint planning, backlog grooming, estimation and pointing, etc
○ Facilitate code reviews and manage pull requests
● Design & develop scalable and high-quality cloud-based applications on AWS platform while optimizing usage of AWS for cost.
● Part of the development team migrating existing systems to AWS as well as build new systems on AWS.
● Lead the effort in setting up consistent practice CI/CD pipeline and practice within the team.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver solutions that are of high quality, scalable, reliable and extensible.
● Deliver timely project execution and project work products that exceed customer expectations
● 4+ years experience Software Development building complex, robust, and highly scalable production applications
● 2+ hands-on experience with developing solutions utilizing the Amazon web services stack (Lambda, Elastic Cache, EC2, Elastic BeanStalk, DynamoDB, etc)
● Experience with Monitoring and Logging
● Hands-on experience with back-end application development in Node JS, particularly using microservices architecture
● Strong experience with C# and/or Java and a willingness to work in both languages.
● Strong experience with unit testing, testing and mocking frameworks such as JUnit and Mockito.
● Experience with Jenkins for deployments is a plus
● Experience in full stack development, i.e. you can understand and communicate a feature from model to endpoint to the front-end
● Strong DevOps experience in setting up CI/CD using a tech stack such as Git, Jenkins, Maven, AWS etc.
● Experience with relational database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, or Sybase, with an ability to perform basic CRUD operations and alter schemas with DDL
● Experience with Test Driven Development and test automation such as Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, and Cucumber