FT SPEECH PATHOLOGIST(near Halifax, VA)
Bilingual Therapies, Halifax VA
FT SPEECH PATHOLOGIST (near Halifax, VA)
Under the direction of an assigned administrator, plan and implement remedial programs, strategies and techniques for students with language, speech and hearing disabilities; monitor and evaluate student progress; consult with parents, faculty, administrators and specialists concerning the language, speech and hearing needs of students.
- Plan and implement remedial programs, strategies and techniques for students with language, speech and hearing disabilities.
- Coordinate and implement behavior management techniques; design, implement and monitor Individual Educational Plans (IEP) for eligible students.
- Monitor and evaluate student progress.
- Receive and respond to referrals from District personnel, parents, physicians and others; provide speech and language screenings and assessments.
- Select, administer and interpret diagnostic tests to identify language, speech and hearing needs of students.
- Consult with parents, faculty, administrators and specialists concerning the language, speech and hearing needs of students.
- Respond to inquiries and provide information concerning program activities and student progress.
- Provide referrals to outside agencies as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports related to diagnostic testing, student progress, and program activities.
- Develop and maintain a schedule outlining program activities. Coordinate and present in-services and consultations regarding language, speech and hearing disorders and special education procedures as assigned.
- Operate a variety of instructional and office equipment, including a computer and assigned software.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Current state SLP credentials or eligible
- Minimum of 6 months school based experience
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus, but NOT required
All applicants, please email your resumes to [email protected] for immediate consideration. if you have questions about this position, please contact Amy Gomez at 770-225-3017.