Project Manager - Custom Homes and Renovations (Charlotte)
Alair Homes Charlotte is an award winning high end custom home building and renovation firm seeking enthusiastic team members to support the growing demand of our clients throughout the Carolinas. If you are interested in a career with a true path for advancement including ownership opportunities we would like to hear from you. At Alair Homes “Living Better Starts Here”. Compensation is based on experience and performance. We offer bonus incentives, medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays. Become a valued part of a growing company that is committed to helping each team member reach their goals and beyond. We promise a positive culture of partnering, mentoring, respect and support.
Job Specifics are as follows:
- Responsible for project development and execution from beginning to end
- Customer satisfaction: Create a “Raving Fan” with each and every client
- Learn and follow our proven Client Control™ process
- Learn and become proficient with our Alair Project Management software
- Be an over communicator!
- Attend and facilitate job status meetings with clients at least on a weekly basis
- Attend weekly project management meetings with leadership team
- Work collaboratively with all team members including company staff, architects, designers and trade partners.
- Create detailed scopes of work for all selections for every project and then collect firm quotes from trades and suppliers for those selections - NO MORE ALLOWANCES!
- Produce, collect and manage all pre-construction and construction agreements
- Seek new sub-trades and vendors as needed - maintain a network of trade partners in the local market - develop your personal network.
- Monitor project budgets and review with client during billing milestones
- Create, monitor and maintain project schedules. Strive to be on or ahead of schedule on each and every project
- Ultimately responsible for projects to be completed on time and under budget
- Confirm and order specialty items, fixtures and materials (long lead items). Ensure specialty items are ordered in a timely and accurate manner as to not delay the construction process
- Create invoice requests and collect progress payments from clients
- Stay up to date on new building technologies, materials and practices and be familiar with all current North & South Carolina building codes
- Attend a post completion job evaluation for each project - We want your feedback!
- Responsible for job site safety, security and cleanliness on a daily basis - Own your job site!
- Understand the company safety policy and keep company staff and sub trades working within OSHA guidelines
- Participate in continuing education opportunities and peer group meetings offered by Alair Homes
- Have a Growth Mindset!
- Be open to continuous learning and self improvement
- Have a seat at the table - Your input is valuable
- Valid Drivers License and late model and dependable automobile
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the construction management field
- We require background checks and drug testing