Senior Information Security & Cyber Risk Analyst
Tech Talent Link, Inc , Vancouver WA
Responsible for planning and implementation of information security and cyber risk policies, procedures, standards, and controls across the organization. Facilitates cyber risk management activities, security risk assessments, and information security awareness. Evaluates ongoing use and performance of information security programs and processes. Provides support for internal and external security assessments, including gathering and discussing evidence, and tracking remediation responses and activities.
- Collaborates with functional teams on cyber risks and company information security initiatives. Solicits involvement of senior management and leaders to achieve cyber risk management objectives through information sharing and collaboration to support timely resolution and risk mitigation.
- Leads and supports enterprise wide information security and cyber risk assessments with technical and non-technical teams.
- Proactively identifies and develops recommendations to information security and cyber risk issues and vulnerabilities by working with multiple teams including privacy, compliance, internal audit, legal, HR, information technology, etc.
- Serves as an advisor and subject matter expert on identified information security and cyber risk issues, projects, or any other company initiative that may have an information security implication.
- Facilitates information security committees and work groups, including scheduling, coordination, follow up, status reports and report outs.
- Performs cyber management activities, security risk assessments security related investigations, and provides information security awareness. Conducts internal security and confidential information investigations and information usage security audits.
- Develops and maintains relevant cyber risk metrics to promote transparency across the communities we serve. Measures, monitors and reports on information security risks via security governance committees and other ad hoc meetings at the company.
- Promotes information security education and awareness across the company
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required unless otherwise stated
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Security, or relevant field; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in managing information security, cyber risk, and/or compliance related activities required.
- Health care experience preferred.
- Experience working with security frameworks (e.g., NIST CSF, HIPAA) required.
- Experience in information security investigations preferred.
- Demonstrated experience across information security and cyber risk domains required.
- CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CHPS, CISA, or equivalent certification required. Must obtain one of these certifications within 12 months from hire date if not obtained at time of hire.
- Excellent project management, written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical.
- Ability to collect and analyze data to guide decision making while under potentially intense pressure to address security incidents.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of constituencies and respond to their needs and collaborate effectively towards solutions.
- Ability to work on matters of high sensitivity and confidentiality with both professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and guidance.
- Proficient in standard software programs (i.e., Microsoft products, Windows and Outlook)