Volt has an opportunity for you to become part of a prestigious team of professionals. We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to work onsite at John Deere’s facility in Coffeyville, KS. This is a contingent position expected to last 1 year.
As a Manufacturing Engineer for John Deere Power Systems, located in Coffeyville, KS, you will assist senior team members in the redesign, transition and support of current and additional lines as necessary to support the Coffeyville Works strategic plan. In addition you will:
- Investigate, gather and analyze data in to implement innovative solutions which generate improvement in safety, productivity, consistent delivery or reduced cost.
- Implement plans to support lean manufacturing to include line flow simulations, matrix synchronization modeling, line balancing, and efficient material flow and presentation in conjunction with a senior team member.
- Support Continuous Improvement (CI) 2000 and Non-Conformance Corrective Action (NCCA) processes through root cause analysis, as well as design and implementation of processes to mitigate disruption of line flow.
What Skills You Need:
- One or more years of engineering experience in a team environment (practical or educational) in any of the following engineering areas: mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, power systems, etc.
- Proficient in the use of computer aided design tools (such as: AutoCAD, Solidworks, Creo).
- Working knowledge of tool design/tooling and/or design of jigs and fixtures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Entry Level candidates encouraged to apply!
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- One or more years of experience with assembly line process design; such as: routings, set up and implementation, material presentation, and visual management tools and work measurement.
- Two or more years of experience with design of tooling to improve manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with capital budgeting and capital equipment justification process.
- Experience with MRP (Material Resource Planning) systems, such as SAP.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Excel (such as: writing formulas, pivot tables, and macros).
Volt is Equal Opportunity Employer