MS SQL DBA
Volt, San Diego California
Major technology company is seeking a MS SQL DBA with three to seven years of experience. The MS SQL DBA is responsible for developing, planning and coordinating the administration of MS SQL Server databases, to ensure accurate, appropriate and effective use of data, including database definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, and operational guidelines. Develops technical solutions to moderately complex problems. Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness and proper usage of data in table and various report tools including Business Objects and database dictionaries. Develops technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems and may provide direction to less experienced staff.
Also will be responsible for developing / creating, managing, supporting and enhancing a variety of reporting interfaces, understand the existing reporting infrastructure and develop new processes as needed to support the data flow / data transfer between different systems across the enterprise.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer and manage Microsoft SQL databases; administer and manage software programs; design and develop DBA components.
- Develop and modify reporting infrastructure – to provide custom and adhoc reports to various business units across the enterprise .
- Database performance tuning, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Install, patch, and upgrade SQL Server Databases; develop SQL program instructions.
- 6. Provide appropriate consulting, interfacing and training for information system users.
- Reviewing service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs
- Responding effectively to database monitoring alerts and escalations
- Collaborate with Application, Business and Database teams to come up with well-defined and strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Develop reporting software programs to aid in the data transfer, data flow across different Enterprise systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline and 3 or more years progressive experience in database administration. May substitute equivalent working experience in the field.
- Must have a complete understanding of underlying data and applications.
- Must possess the following, including but not limited to: system knowledge of Windows server, IBM AIX Power Systems/Sun Solaris Server; thorough knowledge of Oracle databases, architecture and software development methodologies and practices; strong database performance tuning skills; and strong database troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server - Always On , Clustering, Failover etc.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of .Net Framework and application development with C#, ASP, VB etc.
- MS Visual Studio 2010/2013/2015
- Experience with requirements gathering, coding, debugging, SQL Server DB Usage, Systems Integration and Implementation.
This position is located in San Diego CA. This position is not remote and all applicants must be able to relocate to San Diego. Relocation assistance is available.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer