Volt, Lynnwood WA
If you are a hands-on, creative technician that likes to work on highly technical products and solve diverse technical problems, please read on!!
Pay - DOE
Duration - 6 Months
The Technician III performs one or more of the following, regularly and independently: build, test, troubleshoot, repair, and modify production electronic or mechanical components and products, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer equipment, instrumentation, digital / analog electronic products, electro-mechanical products, test equipment, and applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics, or hydraulics, hydraulic circuitry and hydraulic testing.
• Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematic drawings; Use manufacturing and engineering instructions for testing assembled electronic units, applying knowledge of electronic or mechanical theory and components
• Interpret and work in accordance with work orders, drawings and schematics, functional and acceptance test procedures, failure reports, manuals and all other applicable engineering and production specifications
• Calibrate or otherwise adjust assigned units by such means as component selection, potentiometer adjustment, clocking or other positioning, shimming, tension or coil adjustments, bearing and gear adjustments, as appropriate for specific unit; Make required mathematical calculations for voltage, resistance, current, impedance, amplification, flow rate and mass, mechanical dimensions and adjustments
• Troubleshoots production failures down to the component level and train others in troubleshooting best practices
• Perform automated testing and performance testing using a variety of automated testing equipment and special test console to simulate in-service specifications, including but not limited to: vibe, burn in, thermal cycle and leak test, or hydraulic testing
• Perform manual testing involving setup, adjustment, operation and interpretation of results from standard and special purpose test equipment, applicable to assigned product area, such as differential and multi-meters, signal generators, power supplies, bridges, oscilloscopes, altitude chamber, flow meter and hi-pot, or hydraulic valves
• Flexible and willing to work overtime if necessary
• Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
• Minimal work under a microscope or soldering.
• Test and align hybrid circuitry
• Experience: 3-5 years of experience in a related field
• Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of methods and procedure in troubleshooting, circuitry or mechanical characteristics as related to area of assignment and ability to devise and adapt; Familiarity with product flow through a manufacturing or repair environment; Working knowledge of computer systems
• Skills: Good oral expression and comprehension (communicate through speech so others will understand and listen to and understand information and ideas presented through speech); Good written expression and comprehension (communicate in English through writing so others will understand and read and understand information and ideas presented in English through writing)
• Abilities: Ability to learn new test software and equipment and to identify abnormal conditions in equipment and product; Manual and finger dexterity (ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects); Ability to make precisely coordinated movements; Ability to work in multiple software systems, including time enter, data enter, on-line training PDM and MRP systems
• Education/Certification: AA degree in Electronic or Mechanical Technology, or equivalent knowledge through experience or other recognized educational institution
Please Note: This position is urgent and will be filled quickly. Must be legally authorized to work in the USA. Direct inquiries only (no 3rd party submittals) at this time, please. Thank You.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.