Material Inventory Specialist
Volt, San Diego CA
Volt Workforce Solutions is currently hiring a Material Inventory Specialist for a top Manufacturing company in San Diego/Kearny Mesa location!
Title: Material Inventory Specialist
Summary: The Material Inventory Specialist is responsible for performing, regulating, coordinating, and expediting the physical movement of material throughout the business.
- Maintain schedules of the flow of material throughout the company.
- Receive, sort, store, issue, stage, move, dispatch, and ship materials, parts, tools, assemblies in and out the facilities.
- Provide data to cognizant departments.
- Maintain records necessary to show status of any job in assigned areas.
- Prepare necessary closeout documents upon completion of work order.
- Operate any material moving equipment, including two axle trucks, to move materials, parts, tooling, and assemblies to and from assigned destinations.
- Plan and execute the methods necessary for loading and unloading all types of vehicles used in the transportation of receiving and shipping material.
- Maintain the shipping and receiving areas throughout the company.
- Perform the functions associated with the sorting of scrap and salvable materials.
- Move such items as: workbenches, file cabinets, office items, furniture, racks and other portable facility items in manufacturing/shop areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- At least 1-year experience in Material Handling
- Ability to interpret drawings and perform basic visual inspections of parts
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to use Excel, Baan and Word
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have good organization skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must have great attention to detail
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer