General Machine Operator
Volt, Davenport IA
The General Machine Operator operates multiple types of manufacturing equipment including tube benders, tube lasers, presses, wash bay, etc. Candidate will utilize job trackers to manage production flow through his/her work area. Candidate will also be responsible for inspecting his/her parts for quality and maintaining a clean work area. Candidate must be experienced with blue print reading and machine operation in a manufacturing environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The General Machine Operator operates an assigned machine using pre-set programs.
- Utilize job tracker to manage production flow through his/her work area.
- Responsible for inspecting his/her part for quality
- Maintains a clear work area.
- Utilizes all safety and Quality measures in the operation of the machinery.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Math skills: Good math skills are necessary to understand complex instructions, how schematics work and to ensure that items are designed and built correctly.
- Blue Print Reading
- Understand and calculate Geometrical Dimensions & Tolerance (GD&T)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical and Technical Skills
- Stamina – Ability to work doing repetitive movements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position Normal hours of work days for our client are Monday through Thursday, 3:30pm – 2:00am. Over time work may also be required.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Three years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
Basic Shop Math
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. We look forward to speaking with you soon. Please note: If you do not meet all the qualifications of the position listed here, please be sure to go to jobs.volt.com to see the other positions we have available that you may qualify.