Volt, Bannockburn IL
Volt seeks Seasoned Instructional Designers to design and develop all forms of training and training materials including but not limited to, classroom, virtual and eLearning for our Client. This position will also be responsible for ensuring effective delivery and knowledge transfer of such training materials to both Client’s employees and their customers. Also, responsible for designing and implementing effective training schedules and managing related measurements including participation, attendance, passing scores and learning effectiveness audits.
This includes gathering information through interviews and system usage to product content, coordinating review of training content with internal subject matter experts, and incorporating end-user feedback into content revisions.
Additionally, this position is responsible for converting any written/digital training content into formats suitable for use in learning management systems and for evolving any written/digital materials into effective e-learning courses.
Reporting to the Unity Lab Services Training Manger, the Systems Trainer produces customer documentation, such as manuals, quick start guides, and Help. All deliverables must comply with department standards and be completed on time for release with products.
- Produce and adhere to documentation plans and schedules, adjusting as needed for projects.
- Maintain training documentation revisions to follow quality and compliance regulations to ensure traceability of delivered training.
- Ensure that delivered training can to tracked to personnel level and capture actions necessary to bridge training level to required new level in line with changes in software revision releases.
- Follow department procedures to research, develop, write, and revise hardware and software training materials; and generate the documentation in various formats, according to defined standard and in accordance with company branding and design guidelines.
- Collaborate, as a member of project teams, with subject-matter experts, product managers, testers, Product Support, and technical/training writing staff to produce manuals and help that are accurate and on time.
- Work with the Training teams to define publications processes and guidelines.
- Access and knowledge of systems that training is being provided on.
- Show proficiency in using the required training/technical writing and project software applications.
- Review and make recommendations to the project teams about error messages, tool tips, pop-up dialog boxes, and usability.
- Specific graphics and e-learning formats as needed to ensure the best learning outcomes.
- Propose process improvements for any aspect of user and training documentation.
- Prepare estimates and timelines for project tasks relating to user documentation.
- Breakdown documentation requirements into manageable tasks, provide overall project documentation task estimates, and provide assessments for resources needs to complete project.
- Propose process improvements for developing, releasing and delivering user and training documentation.
- Ensure compliance to local regulations on personal data privacy.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Education: Desired to have a Bachelors degree in a pertinent technical or training content writing, marketing, communications or scientific field. An Associates degree or minimum experience in relevant field will be considered in lieu of a Bachelors degree.
- Experience: Minimum of three years of experience in training content or technical writing, communications or a closely related field. No experience required if Bachelor’s degree in technical communications or minimum experience in relevant is attained.
- Experience converting written/digital content into formats that can be used in Learning Management Systems
- Experience in developing materials for e-learning sytems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and other local language as required.
- Additional local languages an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of word processing tools such as Adobe FrameMaker (preferred) or MS Word
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with graphical design tools. For example, Photoshop, Illustrator, Camtasia or Captivate. Strong understanding of document formatting and presentation techniques.
- Experience with on-line Help authoring tools.
- Hands-on training content writing and editing experience, with specific experience in documenting information technology software and systems for use in training.
- Ability to breakdown a large task/concept into smaller tasks/ideas.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to work with defined, industry-standard product development processes
This is a contingent/temporary position offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.