Volt, Lockbourne OH
Position: DIRECT HIRE/PLACEMENT Optical Lab Technician
Pay Rate: $13-$15/Hour plus shift differential
Location: Lockbourne, Ohio
Shift: 1st (7AM-3PM), 2nd (3PM-11PM), and 3rd (11PM-7AM)
Volt is looking for an Optical Technician to work with our client, located in Lockbourne, OH and surrounding areas. Our client was founded in 1955 and is committed to offering affordable, accessible, high-quality eye care insurance to the world that promoted visual wellness and improved members' quality of life.
* Inventory control functions including assist with stocking lens shelves, sort and distribute trays, pull semi-finished or finished lenses, and perform cosmetic inspection and restock.
* Lens stocking including print and tray up jobs off the combob, pull lenses & transcribe digital jobs through the lab management system, stage work in designated areas, and assist with lens stocking and inventory.
* Operates the automatic taper
* Tints edged and uncut lenses
* Expeditor functions including flagging work to move
* Pre-shipping wash-up functions including providing needed masks/cloths as needed
* Assist in efficiently moving work through the department
* Maintain company safety standards and a clean workstation
* Assist and cooperate with other departments.
* Ensure understanding and adherence to the company’s quality management and safety requirements, systems and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned
This is a temporary-to-permanant position in Lockbourne, OH and is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Optical Technician Qualifications:
* High School Diploma/Equivalent
* Stable work history (5 years manufacturing or production experience, optical preferred)
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the functions of an Optical Technician
* Must be able to stand for the entire shift
* Ability to meet department standards for productivity and quality
* Ability to communicate at a level necessary to accomplish the above tasks
* Good manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination
* Ability to perform physical activities requiring bending, kneeling and pulling/pushing
* Ability to recognize and distinguish colors
* Ability to understand and follow procedures
* Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
* Ability to walk or stand up to 100% of the time
* An updated resume and reference information is required!
To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.