Volt, Parma OH
JOB TITLE: CNC Machinist
POSTING LOCATION: Cleveland, OH
SHIFT: 2ND shift
PAY RATE: $18-$25/hr.
This position is responsible to function as a member of a work team to produce various Machined castings and fabrication forgings to Customer's specifications.
1. Observes all safety rules, regulations (including LOTO), and meets all safety program requirements.
2. Maintains working area in a clean, orderly and safe condition per the housekeeping policy.
3. Receives instructions and necessary information from the EOM Management Team and Syteline, and utilizes various
production schedules and reports.
4. Verifies sizes of parts, and ensures parts will meet the customer’s requirements by properly performing layout
operations. Completes non-conforming material reports (NCM) when necessary.
5. Loads and unloads machines with aid of overhead crane. Operates machine and material handling equipment with
care to avoid damage. Utilizes a variety of below hook lifting devices as appropriate for the part/task.
6. Assumes ownership of the part once cutting begins
7. Sets up and operates machines to perform required operations. Selects, installs and changes tooling as required to
maintain cut quality.
8. Sets up and operate saw/lathe/mill, etc. selecting proper feeds and speeds. Adjust speeds and feeds in accordance
with the machine to maximize chip removal rate and carbide life.
9. Procures core samples for tensile, impact, grain size, and other tests required by the Customer. This includes
longitudinal and transverse tests as required.
10. Performs final dimensional inspection of product and completes dimensional sketch as required.
11. Checks and verifies, and maintains identification on all material handled by stamping or marking with necessary
12. Enters all required data into Syteline including as-received sizes, final sizes, weights, test data, and saw blade
13. Enters accurate delay reason codes and production and delay times.
14. Keeps up with evacuation of chips and turnings to prevent ‘re-cutting’ of chips, damage to equipment, and
overloading of conveyors. Removes cuttings, turnings, etc. as necessary to scrap area.
15. Assists utility person to moves/transports parts to next area of operation in a timely manner to maintain flow,
including unloading transfer buggies and staging parts at the milling CCR’s.
16. Maintains necessary work center supplies, tooling, etc.
17. Lubricates equipment and performs all operator PM’s at scheduled frequencies.
18. Reports equipment issues, safety hazards, etc., and if broke down, notifies the supervisor immediately.
19. Reports all damage on a damage report.
20. Perform work in accordance with ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
21. At times the employee may be required to perform testing in accordance with ISO 17025, NADCAP or other Standards. During testing the employee is considered to be a part of Quality and shall not be pressured by outside influences.
- Covers constrained work centers if needed.
- Provides all requested data and completes forms for trials
- Performs all other duties as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or GED
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Identify problems, inform others, and provide information to assist with solving the problem.
VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Use verbal skills to communicate with co-workers or customers.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Complete and maintain documentation/records; to effectively convey ideas and information both in written
and oral form.
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios
- Spreadsheet software
- Word processing software
- Other:internal manufacturing computer
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Hand tools (hammer, measuring devices, wrench, level, etc.)
- Power Hand tools (saws, drill press, grinders, sanders, etc.)
- Motorized Equipment (generators, pressure washer, fork lift, etc.)
- Other (please specify): Lathes, multi-head milling machines, centering machine, saws, test equipment, forklifts,
calipers, computer terminal, overhead crane, scales, miscellaneous hand tools, etc.
MENTAL DEMANDS (Typically required on a regular basis to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.)
- Independent judgment and discretion
- Read, comprehend and follow instructions and work orders
- Respond to unpredictability
- Organize and prioritize
- Relate to others
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (Typically required on a regular basis to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.)
- Ability to stand
- Ability to walk
- Ability to sit
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs.
- Ability to carry: est. weight: 90 lbs.
- Ability to push: est. weight: 25 lbs.
- Ability to pull: est. weight: 25 lbs.
- Ability to kneel
- Ability to crawl
- Reaching at high or low level
- Repetitive finger movement
- Ability to use both hands
- Ability to use both legs
- Ability to communicate orally
- Ability to hear conversation
- Ability to pull hand over hand
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to use legs/arms to climb
- Ability to balance
- Ability to stoop
- Repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrists or hands
- Ability to repeatedly bend
- Specific visual requirements
- Use of depth perception
- Use of color vision
- Ability to operate truck/motor vehicle
- Ability for rapid mental/muscular coordination simultaneously
WORKING CONDITIONS (Typically required on a regular basis.)
- Work outside and inside
- Work in heat over 100°
- Work in cold below 55°
- Work in excessive or frequent temperature changes
- Work in dry atmospheric conditions
- Exposure to constant noise above 85dB
- Exposure to vibration
- Exposure to dust(more than nuisance)
- Exposure to gases
- Exposure to chemicals
- Exposure to grease/oils
- Work with machinery with moving parts
- Work with moving vehicles
- Work alone
- Work weekly more than 40 hours
- Work a shift between 8-12 hours
- Work a rotating shift schedule
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (Typically required on a regular basis.)
- Boots: steel toed, metatarsal protector, etc
- Safety Glasses
- Gloves: latex, work gloves, etc.
- Hard Hat
- Hearing Protection
Volt has been serving some of the nation’s strongest companies for over 60 years. We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality for your career. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. We are a Six Sigma company that also offers many employment opportunities. To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer