Volt, Gardena California
The Recruiter is responsible for high-level position matching through in-depth analysis of job skills and qualifications to determine which candidates to source, interview and hire. Also responsible for making business decisions that impact profitability, increasing existing business, bringing in new clients and applicants, and keeping gross margins at highest level possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the client’s business and cultural nuances, as well as define the position, its functions, challenges selling points, and viability. Uncover the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities of the ideal candidate.
- Establish expectations for the partnership with the client.
- Actively market qualified candidates to new and existing clients. Utilize sales techniques to expand business through research, prospecting, and turning client inquiries into job requisitions.
- Assist with the design of a sourcing strategy to uncover both passive and active candidates through existing and new sources in order to maintain an effective pool of candidates. Utilize electronic process in recruiting and placement to maximize efficiency and time saving.
- Assist with the management of ad generation and job postings for new business and recruiting sources.
- Coordinate with Business Development Managers and Account Managers to ensure quality delivery to client’s requisitions. Work with sales team on account development and account management.
- Target the most qualified candidates and screen resumes to identify potential matches.
- Present opportunity to candidate and conduct in-depth interview to determine suitability and interest of candidate. Identify, evaluate, and summarize relevant technical experience, knowledge, hard and soft skills, and abilities in relation to job requirements.
- Maintain familiarity with the most effective recruiting tools appropriate to your branch to include: candidate pool, field employee availability list, database searches, internet searches, resume searches, other job boards and organizations.
- Negotiate labor rate, resolve possible candidate concerns, obtain candidate commitment for the position and set expectations.
- Submit qualified candidates and respond to client concerns.
- Facilitate the candidate/client interview, and prepare the candidate for the interview.
- Verify candidate references.
- Debrief with the candidate and client after the interview, responding to any concerns or objections.
- Extend the offer to the candidate and complete the documentation for new hire set up.
- Foster relationship with field employee during the assignment. Follow up regularly with field employee to maintain relationship and to build knowledge of needs and opportunities.
- May handle field employee related issues, such as coaching, counseling and making determinations to end employees’ assignments and/or terminate their employment with Volt, as necessary.
- Make business decisions that positively impact profitability.
- Engage in positive public relations, responsiveness and service in coordination with sales staff.
- Use advanced features of databases to generate reports of current and past activity to identify business trends.
- Respond to client within one hour of receiving “ASAP” orders. Follow up with daily status communication on open orders, unless otherwise agreed upon with client.
- Ensure total client satisfaction by handling all inquiries and resolving problems arising with client or field employees, including counseling, and involving management when necessary.
- Maximize profitability by placing UI, WOTC and SUI capped candidates. Where negotiable, utilize no even numbers in pay rates and quote "up to" bill rates.
- Manage high risk WC placements, drive conversion fees, consider rapid turnaround time and service intensive business and work to increase walk-on placements.
- Ability to arrive to work at a specified time.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed monthly number of starts and/or gross margin expectations.
- Perform special assignments/complete projects as needed.
- Complete timely entry of information tracking for performance measurement in Volt’s automated systems. Maintain consistency and integrity of data. Effectively utilize all advanced capabilities of Volt’s Computer Databases.
- Participate in networking organizations.
Position Qualifications: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- 2 years experience in a client service environment.
- 2 years sourcing or recruiting experience required.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in comparable field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Effectively communicate in writing.
- Effectively communicate verbally and by telephone.
- Effectively communicate in-person with internal staff, external customers and field employees.
- Critical thinking and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to make sound business decisions under pressure.
- Strong computer and internet skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Assimilate well into a team environment.
- Focuses on the Customer
- Knows the Business
- Focuses on Profitability
- Commits to Quality
- Analyzes and Problem Solves
- Makes Sound Decisions
- Works Well on a Team
- Communicates Effectively
- Shows Commitment
- Takes Initiative
- Works Efficiently
- Demonstrates Adaptability
Physical Demands and Environmental Factors:
- Ability to work in office environment.
- Flexibility and ability to work non-standard business hours and travel occasionally.
- Own method of transportation to and from work.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently during working hours.