- Major technology company is seeking an experienced technical writer with 5 plus year of IT related writing experience. The ideal canididate will have knowledge writing for cloud platform engineering, software development and an understanding of how a global service-centric organization works. This technical writer will have to know how to interview service engineers who are too busy to give interviews, and have the ability to convert technical content to internal standards without changing the meaning. This is a position with a lot of autonomy and opportunity to build and implement information architecture.
- 5 years' experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a writing-intensive field or significant work experience in start-ups or fast-paced enterprise technology-development environments
Impeccable written English skills
- Strong team-player attributes with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills
- Information gathering and interviewing skills
- Experience in developing internal engineering documentation
- Experience in using Confluence to develop large document libraries
- Comfort with swiftly changing dynamic software development situations
- Experience in (and commitment to) capturing and maintaining institutional knowledge
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of Wiki markup, HTML, and XML
- Experience in using enterprise-grade bug-tracking systems such as JIRA
- A proven history of fearless hands-on product use and a strong user advocate mentality
- Bonus Experience (to help get your foot in the door)
People management experience or leadership of a significant documentation team effort
- Experience in working with SMEs and cross-functional teams across various time zones
- Experience in using authoring, desktop publishing, and graphics software
- Write highly technical internal content for SaaS Service Center and Service Desk programs.
- Work closely with engineers and internal stakeholders to develop a strong, functional, up-to-date, and well-curated internal knowledge base.
- Work closely with engineers and SMEs to build out internal documentation sites.
- Deliver accurate technical and functional documentation on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Build a knowledge base that is discoverable, easy to use, and understandable to our internal teams.
- Document best practices across the organization in real time.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives around onboarding new products, developing standard operating procedures, and developing automation tooling.
- Work closely with other members of the technical content team to ensure uniformity in workflow and writing style.
- Collaborate with trainers to develop learning materials for the SaaS organization.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer