Jobs related to "PCB Designer"
Major technology company is seeking a PCB Designer with 5 plus years of experience. The PCB designer will create printed circuit board layouts from inputs received from engineering (electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, and Test.
- Job duties will include but are not limited to the following: Place and route components ensuring that all electrical and physical attributes meet the specific design requirements for each PCB design.
- Ensure that all requirements for manufacturing and assembly are met.
- Rework PCB designs when engineering design changes occur and assist the design team with ideas to resolve issues.
Make schematic updates based upon changes from electrical engineers.
5+ years of experience using Mentor Graphics Xpedition, Designer VX2.3 (schematic capture) and Layout VX2.3 (board layout), software to route complex multi-layer printed circuit board designs.
An Associate Degree or certificate in Graphics Technology or Engineering Technology is desired.
- Must be proficient with:
- Verifying design using Design Rule Check.
- Using Padstacks, Cell (footprint) and Part (PDB) definitions, and building intelligence into components.
- Utilizing Constraint Manager to define substrate and routing constraints.
- Establishing rule areas that define specific route rules for different portions of the board.
- Routing using both manual/interactive and automatic tools.
- Working with different via structures.
- Generating plane data.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer