Volt, Orange CA
Major technology company is seeking Senior DevOps Reliability Engineer. Candidates must have extensive experience with web technologies, source management, cloud hosting, container computing, and the DevOps team culture. supporting web frameworks at scale on Linux and container platforms and experience with systems design.
Design systems given constraints, defend your decisions, point out bottlenecks, and explain the tradeoffs. Intermediate to advanced coding skills with Java, Python, Ruby, or Go.
Object Oriented Design, common data structures, algorithms that go along with them, and how to test your code • Firm understanding of Amazon Web Services-based infrastructure and management including, but not limited to Route 53, ALB, EC2, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Lambda, etc. Experience creating machine images with Packer
- Experience working with message queue technologies such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience with web caching and load balancing technologies such as HAProxy, Varnish, Memcached, and Nginx • Detailed knowledge of core internet and networking protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP
- Experience creating dashboards and alerts with monitoring and metrics platforms like Datadog, New Relic, and Grafana • Experience working with Terraform, Chef, Salt, or other configuration management tools
- Experience • Mostly working with AWS. Cloud migration from Nap7 to AWS
- People who know how to use containers
- Knowledge AWS suite of products Packer
- Need to know how routing and caching works- vanish, Memchached etc.
- More of a focus on system design and understanding which ties into understanding where bottle necks and choke points are and how we monitor those. Not looking for architect, just awareness
- Strong Coding- Python, Ruby, Java, Go-
- CM tools - Terre form or Salt
- Monitoring tools- datadog and new relic and Granfan
- Network protocols like- http, DNS with routing and working with Git
- Experience managing site content and configuration via CDN providers
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer