Strategic Procurement Manager
PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Davenport IA
We are seeking a Strategic Procurement Manager to develop and lead the business unit’ s strategic procurement and sourcing initiatives. You will lead the implementation of effective commodity based supplier management processes capable of achieving quality, cost, delivery and inventory improvements throughout the strategic supply chain network, in support of the business unit’ s goals.
- You will lead a multi-functional strategic, commodity based procurement team, set clear objectives, manage performance, manage performance and develop skills.
- Lead strategic procurement assessments including core context reviews, buy plans, and develop outsourcing strategy as required ensuring total cost of ownership is evaluated.
- Identifying and implementing LTAs and subcontracts.
- Develop a global supply base
- Apply SOF principles to build and manage effective supplier management processes.
- Collaborate with Commodity Sourcing Leaders to implement sourcing strategies for externally procured parts and services.
- Lead product costing activities and drive cost reduction efforts, including improving TCO and controlling Purchase Price Variances.
- Develop and implement site and commodity level sourcing plans.
- Conduct commodity market analysis & supplier profiles for current and emerging commodities and technologies.
- Understand contractual flowdowns, quality, qualification, technical specifications, and current terms and conditions.
- Develop negotiation strategic plans to cancel, augment, change or implement new contracts.
- Participate in supplier qualification process, and lead projects to improve quality, cost and delivery performance issues with suppliers.
- Understand existing contracts and supplier performance, conduct gaps analysis, and develop recommendations and implementation plans.
- Work with site procurement organizations to understand future product technology along with embedded component or processing technology implications.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field required.
- 10-15 years’ experience working as a buyer or commodity manager within a technology company such as agricultural/automotive/aerospace required.
- 2-5 years’ of managerial experience working in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management.
- Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Technical knowledge of machining and fabrication preferred
- Experience of negotiating long term complex supplier agreements
- APICS and/or ISM affiliation desired; certification preferred (CSCP, CPSM); Certification in Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) and Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP )
- Experience with small business reporting and audits within a US Government contractor preferred