Volt, Glendale CA
Major technology company is seeking a DevOps Engineer: Create and drive the software engineering practices that aims at unifying software development and software operations (the DevOps).
- Mature and refactor a software release infrastructure to support an Agile development environment.
- Strong technical consultation depth. Able to evaluate & influence out-of-the-box vs customized solutions as applicable
- Eloquent articulator of industry trends, thoughts & own ideas
- Constantly lookout for cost-effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Scripting (Bash/Python/Ruby/Perl/PHP)
- Continuous integration/deployment in AWS and cloud environments using Jenkins
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool chain, Jira, Bitbucket, git, etc.
- C/C++ development using Visual Studio and gcc and CMake
- Experience in Systems Administration & understanding of various Operating Systems platforms & technologies:
- Web Services (IIS, Apache, tomcat) (optional)
- Application monitoring & performance tuning
- Exposure to other software management tools – e.g. Jenkins, particularly in Administering the tools.
- Understanding on software packaging and installation (particularly conan and artifactory)
- Understanding of Software licensing management applications (especially, on Flexlm.)
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer