Jobs related to "Battery Reliability Engineer"
Battery Reliability Engineer
Ryzen Solutions, Cupertino California
This position is offered in the company’s Module & Technology Reliability Group. We guide development teams toward a reliable design of new technology components. We are looking for someone to guide the reliable development of battery technologies while meeting the following objectives.
- Identify high risk failure modes early in the design life cycle
- Develop new tests based on the physics of failure and any novel user interactions that the new technology enables.
- Drive test equipment and test specs that are critical for validation of reliability
- Guide vendors to support test and reporting requirements
- Assess reliability through stress test data and failure analysis
- Provide direction for failure analysis to drive toward root cause
Technical Skills Requirements
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Adept in statistical data analysis and clear reporting
- Strong understanding of the physics behind material properties (mechanical, electrical, and optical).
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to take ownership and drive results.
- 1+ years of experience working with battery test equipment or battery manufacturing (as plus)
Personal Skill Set
- Exceptional problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to complete tests and resolve problems in an unattended manner
- Flexibility and adaptability to accept new tasks
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude engineer with the desire to work with a great team and product
- This position requires 3-10 years of experience in an contractor/engineering role
- 1+ years of work experience in battery testing or battery technology/manufacturing
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, EE or an equivalent field desired.