Jobs related to "Litigation Legal Assistant"
Litigation Legal Assistant
Legal Marketing and Staffing, LLC, Denver Colorado
Our client, one of Colorado' s most recognized and well-known law firms located in the heart of downtown Denver, has been providing legal services to Colorado and Rocky Mountain Region for over 80 years. With the recent addition of several Attorneys in Denver, they are now seeking talented litigation legal assistants (legal secretaries) to support that growth. Here’ s what they need: Candidates with a minimum of 2 years’ litigation experience who have provided superior administrative support and done complex non-billable work for both attorneys and paralegals. Someone who is comfortable working in a variety of practice areas such as: medical malpractice, premises liability, trucking, construction, insurance defense and regulatory-governmental affairs. Someone who brings a positive attitude and strong work ethic to their job every day.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with maintaining electronic files;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Well-developed skills in editing, proofreading, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and composition;
- Ability to anticipate problems, find solutions, and prioritize work accordingly;
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to effectively manage a high-volume workload with critical deadlines;
- Ability to exercise a high degree of personal integrity, confidentiality, tact, discretion, and judgment;
- Ability to work overtimeas necessary;
- Advanced Microsoft Office with an emphasis with Word and Outlook skills (Office 2016 preferred);
- Advanced knowledge of manipulation and edit of PDF documents using Acrobat Adobe;
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. as needed.
Additional Skills a Plus:
- Experience with determining and docketing Court and Client deadlines;
- Knowledge of Colorado and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Experience e-filing in Colorado Courts E-Filing (CCES) and U.S. ECF;
- Experience using PACER;
- Ability to do transcription;
- Experience using a document management system;
- Experience working in FileSite/iManage.
- Open and maintain files;
- Heavy e-filing with State and Federal Courts;
- Docketing and calendaring;
- Run conflicts checks;
- Accounting tasks such as: submitting check requests and attorney reimbursements;
- Provide coverage for other secretaries as needed;
- Support Paralegals on non-billable tasks.