Legal Quantitative Analyst
Legal Marketing and Staffing, LLC, San Francisco, CA
Our client, an American International Law firm, is seeking a Quantitative Analyst to be located in either our San Francisco or Palo Alto office. The Quantitative Analyst will be responsible for assisting transactional clients with quantitative modeling for the purpose of evaluating, structuring, optimizing, and closing deals. Working under the general direction of the attorneys on a deal, this individual will work directly with clients to understand the quantitative objectives and data available, and then design and carry out the quantitative analysis. The Quantitative Analyst will be expected to handle diverse and multiple responsibilities, which include but are not limited to creating and managing capitalization tables and perform related data conversion and analysis. Construct pro forma capitalization tables, including price per share calculations in connection with equity financings, debt to equity conversions, anti-dilution adjustments, and stock option grants. Audit existing pro forma capitalization tables obtained from clients, investors, or other law firms.
- 2 years of equity financing experience and ability to work autonomously
- BS/BA degree in Economics, Accounting, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, or other applied quantitative field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, be detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities and track details
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, with the ability to design and perform complicated analysis; develop reports; write macros; produce documents; and create tables, graphs, and charts
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with personnel and to handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly.
Overtime will be required, occasionally on short notice. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and an example of an advanced Excel spreadsheet that demonstrates proficiency with creating formulas and designing a financial model. Company offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits program. EOE.