Our client is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $100 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented and risk-controlled approach to investments in distressed debt, corporate debt (including high yield debt and senior loans), control investing, convertible securities, real estate and listed equities. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the firm has over 900 employees and offices in 18 cities worldwide.
Scope and Responsibilities
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for conducting operational, financial, and regulatory internal audits. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of team members.
- Identify financial, operational, compliance, and reputational risks through risk assessment, audit and consulting activity;
- The ability to execute the planning, fieldwork and reporting stages of the internal audits;
- Leading interviews to understand current state systems, processes, and controls and assessing risk with minimal oversight and supervision;
- Performing walk-throughs of control processes and substantive testing, as necessary;
- Designing audit procedures for high-risk and complex audit areas;
- Completion of clear and concise work papers that articulate the work performed and the conclusions reached;
- Identifying, developing and documenting audit findings and discussing the findings with the stakeholders;
- Drafting audit reports and communicating audit results via verbal and written presentations to management;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders;
- Drafting audit committee and other internal audit meeting materials;
- Performing due date tracking, management follow-up, and validation testing for the remediation of audit findings;
- Advising stakeholders on the strengths and weaknesses of controls and developing effective solutions;
- Performing job administration responsibilities, including creating status reports and tracking budget-to-actuals;
- Pursuing professional development opportunities via professional associations, certifications, and internal/external training; and
- Performing various other tasks and special projects as required.
- 4-5 years of audit experience;
- Internal audit experience within the asset management industry is preferred;
- Experience applying internal auditing standards and accounting principles and practices, management principles and business practices;
- Experience collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions;
- Experience preparing for and presenting to senior audiences;
- Experience using data analytics to identify patterns and trends using data;
- Experience planning and managing project plans (includes ensuring timely completion of assigned project phases within a provided budget); and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite applications, with a specific emphasis on Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint to prepare work papers, reports, memos and summaries.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong skills in resolving problems and negotiating findings;
- Critical thinker with intellectual curiosity and proactivity in researching business concepts;
- Self-initiated and a self-starter;
- Excellent time management skills / an ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines;
- Flexible and team-oriented; and
- Strong integrity and professionalism.
- Bachelor’ s degree in relevant discipline (Accounting, Finance, or Business related field). A CPA or CIA is preferred.