APSTechnical, Holly Springs Georgia
Automation Technical Services
Under supervision, this position is responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks associated with the extrusion manufacturing processes.
Reports directly to the V.P. of Quality
Works with other facilities on an as-needed basis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for APQP Deliverables & Initial Customer reviews for new product lines.
• Customer specification reviews for new or updated specifications.
• Support and participate in Design Reviews / SC / CC Designations.
• Responsible for Uploading Customer Specific Deliverables to APQP folders.
• Responsible Initial Pre-Launch Documentation PFMEA, Flow, Control Plans, and FAIR’ s.
• Support initial in-house trials.
• Responsible for coordination with the testing lab for documents required for initial product qualifications.
• Responsible for APQP Package Completeness and any required submissions to the customer.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a master tracking matrix and status for APQP
• Support plant in assuring that all gate review deliverables are completed.
• Attend and report out at APQP meetings.
• Escalate any potential issues that would compromise meeting customer requirements and or deadlines to the V.P. of Quality.
• Support plant teams in PFMEA reviews for current and new programs.
• Support problem solving activities for any customer concerns.
• Assist with implementation of standard practices, procedures, work instructions and level 3 documents to meet customer specification requirements.
• Procedure and Work Instruction updates as required to meet customer and plant requirements.
• Internal Audits to assure compliance to AS9100 D requirements.
• Daily, weekly, and monthly Layered Process audits and report out on findings of audits to management on an audit scorecard.
• Complies with all company safety, health, and environmental policies, rules and regulations.
• Familiarity and understanding of BSA’ s for related work areas.
• Personal protection equipment is always to be worn and used as required.
• Education/Experience: At least 5 years’ experience with APQP processes and Aerospace specification knowledge. AS9100D knowledge. NADCAP knowledge helpful. Internal Auditing to AS9100 requirements. Project Management skills.
• Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization. Must be able to resolve conflict with internal or external sources always in the utmost professional manner.
• Computer Skills: Understanding of MS Office suite, programming, databases, statistical software.
• Math Skills: An understanding of basic mathematics and applied statistics is essential to perform successfully in this position.
• Reasoning Skills: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Physical demands: Regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, use hands and fingers. Capable of lifting 50 lbs.