Bishop & Company, Inc., honolulu HI
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for their client. A great opportunity for an entrepreneurial professional to step into a succession role, leading a local (neighbor island) retail and hospitality organization.
VICE PRESIDENT # 16840
Hospitality/Tourism Industry | Retail | Sales & Marketing | Guest Relations | Vendor Management
Are you entrepreneurial by nature? Creative, out of box thinker? Would rather be out in the field v. behind a desk? Passionate about your work, able to invest the time and effort to make a difference? You lead by example and thrive on motivating others to succeed? This is an organization that “ never rests” – 365 days/year operation.
If you are all this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
The Vice President will serve as succession to the President. Primary responsibilities are growing and managing client accounts as well as the development of staff and overall management of the organization. Responsible for learning the business to oversee expanding and securing new business, managing project portfolios that meet or exceed projections.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Business, Hospitality, Tourism, Marketing, Communications or a related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Progressive responsibility experience/professional work experience in the above areas/fields preferred
- Executive level leadership experience and proficiency; must include direct supervisory experience
- Entrepreneurial company or family owned business experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks/deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with people individually and as a versatile team player. Possess the ability to handle difficult or demanding clients.
- Demonstrated ability and excellence with creative and inventive approaches to business development and leadership. Willingness to take calculated risks with proficiency and demonstrated positive outcomes/results. Demonstrated skills and capabilities in analytical and critical thinking, complex problem solving, and team leadership.
- Proficiency with technology
- Knowledge of e-commerce, internet driven businesses
- Results oriented – highly motivated to achieve/exceed desired goals and objectives. Generating results that have a positive, measurable impact on the bottom line, service delivery and client/guest satisfaction.
- Efficiency, exhibited through strong financial and analytical skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to proactively define and implement best in class vendor management processes, tools and practices to meet evolving organizational needs.
- Aptitude to fostering positive relationships, both internally and externally.
- Hospitality and Tourism industry experience preferred
- Retail sales industry experience preferred
- Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred ** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication.
BENEFITS (include, but not limited to)
- Competitive salary, including equity, commensurate with experience
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Gasoline expense reimbursement
- Medical, dental, drug and vision
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: [email protected])
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial professional to step into a succession role, leading a local (neighbor island) retail and hospitality organization.