Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified ACCOUNTING/FINANCE candidates for its client based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
*** ALL OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***
The CFO is a key member of the company’ s executive management team. The CFO is responsible for all aspects of finance and accounting and will make decisions that significantly impact the company’ s operational and financial performance. This position will work closely with staff to understand needs and identify, recommend, develop, implement, and maintain financial information solutions and resources to support all functional areas across all divisions.
- Identify strategic financial solutions company-wide
- Provide vision and leadership for financial operations
- Develop policies and procedures, ensure compliance and conduct financial analysis when appropriate
- Ensure ethical standards are being maintained
- Oversees the accounting department and lead a high-performance team to support the accounting and financial activities of the organization
- Encourage and maintain effective communication within the Accounting team, verify that appropriate training is conducted, and segregation of duties are maintained
- Responsible for cash management for the Company, monitor construction projects, incorporate known business components such as service agreements, fixed asset expenditures, etc.
- Create financial reports for Management team and Board of Director that will reflect the Company’ s current position, utilize these reports to assist in making better financial decisions
- Manage capital acquisitions, determine appropriate benchmark ROI and purpose of the capital acquisition with input from the Management team. Perform appropriate analysis and provide status reports.
- Responsible for the company’ s budgeting efforts, collaborate with management team to collect pertinent information, adjust budget and forecast projections as needed.
- Communicate financial information to auditors, financial institutions, internal departments and board of directors as requested
- Expected to exercise sound professional judgment and discretion as required in the general performance of duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related fields
- CPA desire
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in both public accounting and the private sector
- 5+ years of experience in a managerial role
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Construction industry experience is a plus
- Innovative, forward thinking, able to develop initiatives to improve the company’ s financial performance
- Ability to work with changing priorities, demands and deadlines while maintaining sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and elicit cooperation from internal and external sources
- Knowledge of Timberline software desirable
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to lead teams
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively interact with operation personnel and management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must reside on Oahu and be eligible to work in the United States
- Labor unions experience, including labor union contract negotiations experience highly desirable
- Medical Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Group Life Insurance
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: [email protected])
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately. ***