Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a Temp-Hire Legal Assistant for law office in downtown Honolulu!
Legal Assistant #17005
Perform a variety of receptionist and legal assistant duties (willing to train on the legal aspect) assigned according to established policies and procedures. Maintains positive contact with clients and staff observes confidentiality of all client matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Professionally administer all incoming calls and ensure phone calls are redirected accordingly.
- Greet guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner; maintains good public relations with clients; observes confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Open and close lobby area (locking doors, turning off lights).
- Clear and straighten conference room at the beginning and end of each day and after each meeting.
- Operates a computer and the switchboard.
- Reads, sorts and dates incoming mail. Ensures that outgoing mail is timely delivered. If necessary, routes mail to specific delivery service and follows up on timely delivery.
- Prepares correspondence, memorandums and other legal documents from written and oral drafts; drafts standard correspondence, and other documents.
- Establishes and maintains calendar and deadline reminder systems; utilizes master calendar system.
- Schedule meetings and appointments. Coordinate attorney registrations for seminars, conferences, and workshops.
- Performs legal assistant duties as requested.
- Performs overload typing, filing, and photocopying, as time permits and as requested by other attorneys or the Executive Director.
- Perform other duties as requested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong receptionist/admin experience with ability to learn legal assistant duties
- Excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills.
- Professional appearance and customer service driven.
- Ability to read and write in order to proof and perform minor editing (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling) of routine law office correspondence and legal case matters. Perform non-complex arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms and documents; maintain records and filing systems at a level normally acquired through completion of high school or equivalent.
- Ability to transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft or dictation at a level of 50 wpm.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate in person, by e-mail and telephone to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain while producing a high volume of information performing other essential duties.
- Work occasionally requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position; may require irregular hours.
- Duration: Direct Hire or Temp to Hire position
- Location: Downtown Honolulu, HI
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 8: 00am – 5: 00pm
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately. ***
Location: Honolulu, HII