TalentForce, Duncan SC
TalentForce, a leading provider of temporary staffing, is currently interviewing for Material Handlers . The Ideal candidates for these positions will have prior experience in a manufacturing environment. Material Handlers are responsible for moving material throughout the distribution center via receiving, restocking, picking, packing, and shipping; to enable the site to process customer orders.
- Retrieve appropriate styles & quantities of material from warehouse locations using appropriate picking process. Place materials in containers, visually inspecting product, verifying with scanning equipment if required, verify accuracy of product count. Utilizing same skills restock/replenish.
- Unload and stage pallets of materials in appropriate areas of Receiving. Utilize packing slips to generate print move tickets, breakdown material, sort styles, verify count and restock appropriate warehouse locations via use of LXE computers to scan material, styles, location and verify count.
- Verify styles and quantities of materials picked. Visually inspect products, scanning and place in shipping carton. Place packing material in shipping carton to minimize potential of product damage during shipping. Place packing lists, content labels and shipping labels where appropriate.
- Verify styles and quantities of materials picked, checking styles, quantities and diverting to shrink wrap or shipping lane. Generate appropriate shipping labels and load onto designated carrier.
- Resolve discrepancies. Research all possible solutions to ensure order is accurate
- Follow written and oral instructions. Adhere to all company policies and procedures including practice of good housekeeping.
- Maintain quality workmanship, observe safety procedures, report unsafe acts and perform work of equal of lower classification if necessary.
- Must be able to lift 40+ pounds without assistance
- Continuous standing, bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling
- High School Diploma or GED from accredited institution
- Relocation is not provided. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Duncan, SC will be considered.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Previous forklift and/or order picker operation experience
- One year of experience in a warehouse/distribution center environment
- Must be able to work specific shift hours and have flexibility to work overtime based on customer demand