Remedy Specialty Group is hiring an IT Security Engineer to work in a full-time capacity for a company in Jacksonville, FL. The IT Security Engineer will be focusing on the day to day enterprise management of IT infrastructure and security. In this role, you will be responsible for the identification, investigation, interpretation, and remediation of security vulnerabilities/breaches detected by security and infrastructure management systems.
The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate well, have a strong work ethic, and have excellent organizational skills. The successful candidate can work independently with minimal supervision and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Responsible for the engineering, design, implementation, maintenance, analysis, and administration of technology services security systems and tools
- Design and implement security infrastructure changes and upgrades
- Maintain operational effectiveness and efficiency of security infrastructure
- Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification and prevention of security incidents
- Monitor Security devices for notifications, alerts, and significant security related messages
- Configure, install, troubleshoot, maintain, and monitor firewall clusters, VPN devices, and IDS/IPS solutions
- Maintain company’ s network infrastructure, both on-premises and in the cloud, to ensure efficient operations and negligible disruptions to business operations
- 3+ years’ experience working hands-on with security administration, analysis, and/or engineering within a large IT security environment
- Recent, hands-on experience working with IDS/IPS, Encryption (PKI), VPNs (IPSEC, SSL), Proxy Services, DNS, Load Balancing, Antivirus Solutions, Network Security techniques/best practices, IP Networking, and Cisco Firewalls
- Experience managing and securing Microsoft Windows Server environments
- Experience working with security or network related vendors and third-party contractor companies as part of the team
- Preferred Background: VMWare 5.5 and 6, NetAPP data storage, CISCO network devices (switches), PaloAlto (Firewalls), CISCO Unified Communications, Active Directory, PowerShell, Microsoft O365, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mimecast, AlertLogic, etc.
- Preferred Certifications: CISSP, CEH
Internal Use: #DCE