Remedy is looking to hire a Principle Acoustic Engineer for a growing and stable company in Daytona, FL. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience along with a BSEE or MSEE preferred in acoustics/sonar/ultrasonics related field. Must have a theoretical background and experience with applied hands-on implementation expertise in electronic design, simulation, modeling, analysis, and test.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Design underwater hydrophones and/or active and passive transducers utilizing cylindrical ceramics, flexural disks, cantilever beams, and geophones.
- Design, model, simulate, and test complex acoustic transducers.
- Assist engineering with design modification of acoustic subsystems and systems for development.
- Support designs with analysis, simulations and calculations including space, Mathcad, MATLAB and FEA.
- Prepare drawings/documentation for work as required for engineering and manufacturing of products.
- Evaluate materials and systems, identify equipment, or prepare work instructions for manufacturing.
- Provide input to bid and proposal activities.
- Provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
- BSEE; MSEE preferred in acoustics/sonar/ultrasonics related field.
- Finite element modeling/analysis experience with ANSYS and/or PZFlex required
- Experience with simulation and computational programs (e.g. MatLab, MathCad).
- Must be familiar with piezoelectric materials and associated applications
- Experience with transducer potting materials such as epoxies and urethanes
- Hands-on experience with development, building and testing of acoustic transducer assemblies and systems.
- Pluses include shock and vibration testing, designing for shock and vibration, experience with flow noise.
- Pluses include experience with analog and digital interfacing, amplifiers, microcontrollers, digital signal processing and knowledge of, time and frequency domain filtering, sampling theorem and aliasing and communication protocols.
- Ability to draw solutions from both formal training and experience and use original thinking and ingenuity.
- Experience in generating design documentation, and technical reports.
- Ability to write proposals, cost and schedule estimates (including budgets), and participate in presentations.
Internal use: #DCE