Software Engineer IV
Remedy Intelligent Staffing, Daytona FL
Remedy is looking to hire a Software Engineer for a growing and stable company in Daytona, FL. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years’ experience/training in software design analysis and coding for embedded systems.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Design of software for low-cost, Industrial, Marine and Military systems.
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practice
- Design, develop, document, code and test software.
- Coordinate and interface with other design personnel to design, execute and test software builds.
- Provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software component level project planning including corrective action plans.
- Interface with quality and manufacturing engineers in ensure proper product quality and manufacturing transfer.
- Will develop, select, tailor and deploy processes and tools; establish metrics; and utilize regulations and industry standards.
- Conduct complex in-house software testing under the direction and guidance of other Engineers.
- Participate in product software failure analysis activities and compile test and failure analysis reports.
- Generates software design documentation and report data from tests.
- BS Engineering, computer science or related discipline.
- Experience developing embedded software in C or C++.
- Desktop and network software development experience a plus.
- Proficient user of software tools (compiler, assemblers, debuggers, programmers, JTAG, etc).
- Microcontroller and FPGA knowledge and experience desirable.
- Experience with A/D and D/A converters, and serial communications (RS232, USB, I2C, CAN BUS) preferred.
- Knowledge of data acquisition concepts, instrument control, test, measurement, and implementation of control interfaces to hardware.
- Experience in generating design documentation, ability to write technical reports and proposals, provide cost and schedule estimates, and participate in presentations.
Internal use: #DCE