Lead - Technical Operations Support Engineer (2nd & 3rd Shift)
Role and Responsibilities:
The Technical Operations Support (TOS) team is part of the Enterprise Application Operations Workstream. It is responsible for ensuring reliability, scalable, and security across the all production environment across on all our concepts.
Technical Operations Support team is responsible for proactively identifying, escalating, communicating and resolving incidents for our internally and external hosted application and systems. TOS enhances operational stability through careful planning, structured documentation, incident reporting analysis, and disaster recovery preparedness. TOS drives proactive incident and problem management through trend analysis, thus reducing and preventing incidents from occurring.
Key responsibilities of the candidate are as follows:
• Operational Support.
• Manage Technical Operations Support team for a defined period of time (is this our shift schedule?) daily.
• Log incidents, assess impact, and proactively troubleshoot reported problems.
• Lead coordination of functional teams to rapidly resolve service disruptions.
• Communicate business impact clearly and in non-technical terms to key stakeholders.
• Invoke and coordinate disaster recovery procedures in test and production-impacting scenarios.
• Rotate on-call and weekend coverage.
Incident & Problem Management:
• Track incidents through the Incident and Problem Management process to resolve root cause.
• Proactively leverage incident data to discovery trends and prevent incidents from reoccurring.
• Provide ad-hoc and scheduled reporting of incidents, problem management and remediation to executives.
• Identify strategic enhancements across the Aladdin platform to improve operational stability.
• Manage project for operationally focused, cross functional projects (what’ s this?).
• Identify enhancements to existing tools and investigate new tools and technologies to improve operational processes.
• Continuously develop and maintain operational support documentation.
• Assist the Change Management group with change planning, coordination, and execution.
The candidate is expected to possess and be able to demonstrate the following:
• Strong leadership, organization, data driven and critical thinking skills.
• A passion for technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
• 2+ years demonstrated experience in a production support or client service role (retail, eCommerce, financial services is preferred, but not essential).
• Successful completion of a degree in computer science or related IT field preferable or equivalent real-world experience.
• Self-direction, ability to work independently, effective prioritization of multiple simultaneous tasks, good time management, and goals focused.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and adept at communicating with all levels of the business and technical parts of the organization.
• Strong technical background in Microsoft Windows and/or Unix.
• Strong technical background in networking and communications troubleshooting.
• Skills in Microsoft Excel and the ability to write SQL queries for data extraction and analysis (preferred).
• Understanding of data science techniques (preferred, but not required).
• Ability to write scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports website infrastructure or content/asset management applications.
• Perform periodic performance tuning and capacity planning exercises.
• Deal with a variety of ad-hoc problems that may arise at a moment’ s notice.
• Regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving interrelated issues among disparate systems.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
5-7 years plus experience