US Sales Manager
Rapidly expanding, unique, technically based feed and nutrition company is seeking a great Team Member - Team Leader for a US Sales Manager position Midwest/Great Lakes based. Solid, proven individual with previous high performance sales career and current regional or national sales team leadership-management is what we are seeking, with a focus on the Dairy Industry, but a growing multi-specie product line-up. We pride ourselves in being value added sales staff, that solves problems for customers, creates win-win solutions, and builds rapport to become part of the "management decision team" with both dealer/distribution channel partners, consulting nutritionist and vets, and direct large customer accounts.
Candidate Must-Haves: Primary responsibility is to lead and support the sales growth and profitability of our company.
- Proven sales experience in the dairy feed industry of 8-10 years minimum combined sales in both retail and wholesale.
- Supervision experience to manage a growing sales staff.
- Experience in new business and market development with proven examples.
- High competency in dairy nutrition and overall nutrition.
- Solid knowledge in dairy calf nutrition and management.
- Must be willing to learn and implement new/advanced concepts and principles in livestock nutrition.
- Good communication skills: a) writing - letters, emails, tech articles; b) speaking - presentations to staff, producers and business audiences.
- Good computer software skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, emails, dairy industry software
- Be willing to travel when needed to service accounts and support other sales staff (estimated time on the road may be 50-60%).
- Be able to supervise a sales staff as well as manage/grow/develop house accounts with primary key account responsibility.
- The candidate must have a positive attitude, good work ethic and be a good team member. A pleasant personality, positive leadership, strong organizational skills and attention to detail. We value technical skill and experience, but we also value the ability to be a positive member on our team even higher - it is a must have.
- Multi-species nutrition experience, i.e. beef, poultry, swine. Be willing to learn nutrition and products for these other species.
Job Keywords: Sales, Sales Management, Marketing, New Business Development, Sales Team Leadership, Feed, Nutrition, Ingredients, Additives, Technical, Dairy, Cows, Heifers, Calves, Beef, Hogs, Poultry, Animal Health, Agriculture, Livestock Industry, Midwest, Great Lakes
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the US Sales Manager job.