Sales Agronomist - Tree Crops
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading manufacturer of fertilizers and micro-nutrient products. This Sales Agronomist role will focus primarily on Tree Crops in the PNW and will be working very closely with the agronomics of the crop and products. It will be essential to live in the WA, OR or ID. Someone with Permanent crop experience from CA may be considered for this role if willing to relocate to the PNW.
The Sales Agronomist will partner with local retailer locations, crop consultants and farmers to create demand for crop nutrition solutions, through demonstration trials, field days and farmer meetings as well as bring farmer insight into the development of new products and services.
Key Requirements for the Sales Agronomist - Potatoes
- Bachelor degree in Agronomy or Ag related field, Master degree may be an advantage. CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) is preferred
- 3 years working experience in similar role and industries preferred, with value added fertilizers exposure and digital tools experience
- Hold strong crop specific knowledge (Tree Crops, Vines or permanent crops) as well as familiarity with the market, agronomic knowledge of other crops grown in the region would be an asset
- Experience in holding presentations to small or large audiences
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong business orientation, organization and planning skills
- We would consider someone young in their career with potato experience
Keywords: Agronomist, Apples, Pears, Cherries, permanent crops, tree crops, Sales Agronomist, CCA Crop Consultant, Crop Advisor, WA, ID, OR, CA
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Sales Agronomist job.