Account Manager – Seed/Technology
This is a very unique opportunity combining quality Hybrid Vegetable Genetics with state of the art farming technology. The regional account manager will focus on working directly with key account growers and will be responsible for account management.
We would consider someone just starting out in their career to a seasoned person. Salary will depend on experience and what you bring to the role. A very ambitions commission structure is also available to make salary earnings very attractive.
Ideal location would be Central and Northern Florida, anywhere North of Arcadia, FL.
Key Responsibilities for the Account Manager – Seed/Technology
- Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects leveraging our cloud-based technology solutions and hybrid variety portfolio.
- Manage direct selling activities to assigned accounts, which includes developing and maintaining the relationship and servicing the account throughout their respective growing seasons.
- Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of brand products and services.
- Leverage hybrid portfolio and software suite product knowledge for training seminars.
- Effectively collaborate with a team of other Account Managers, Technical Agronomists and Technology Support Representatives to maximize services, information, and sales to preferred accounts who want extensive technical/agronomic expertise.
- Assist in successful product development initiatives.
- Train and inform key decision makers within customer organization charts.
Key Requirements for the Regional Account Manager – Seed/Technology
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience), in Agriculture, Agronomy, Plant Pathology, or related field of study. Will consider other education with related sales experience.
- Minimum of 1 years of professional sales/account management experience or 1+ years of experience working in the agriculture industry.
- Experience effectively demonstrating self-motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation.
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment.
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.)
- Technological proficiency – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc…
- Bilingual would be beneficial but not mandatory.
Keywords: Ag Technology, Seed Sales, Vegetable Seed Sales, Farming Technology, Ag Careers, Agriculture Jobs, FL, Florida
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Account Manager – Seed/Technology job.