Metallurgy Process Engineer
Ag 1 Source, Central KS
Process Metallurgical Engineer
Your job as the Process Metallurgical Engineer would be to provide technical expertise to develop and improve manufacturing processes.
Essential functions include:
- Develop, plan, and implement process or product improvement projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Provide technical support to production, maintenance, engineering, and sales and marketing groups.
- Develop, document, and provide training of standard work.
- Investigate and resolve non-conforming material and customer complaints.
- Develop processes to maximize capacity utilization, minimize cost and provide and statistically sound product performance.
- Document all work and write technical reports.
- Work in cross-functional teams to support plant business goals and objectives.
- Lead and/or contribute to continuous improvement and six sigma project teams.
- Maintain manufacturing practices and procedures to optimize product quality/performance.
- Support plant safety initiatives through active involvement in the safety process.
- Support plant quality initiatives and industry standards compliance through active participation in the plant quality strategy.
Job Requirements / Education:
- Recent college graduate to 10+ years are encouraged to apply.
- Experience or coursework with lean manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Proven ability to work in a low supervision environment while successfully meeting goals.
- Experience managing technical projects/initiatives in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent analytical skills (statistical data analysis experience is a plus).
- Strong PC skills, including Windows, Word, Excel, various data collection and analysis packages.
- Self sufficiency in data acquisition, analysis, and report writing.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work in teams.
Job Keywords: Process engineer, Metallurgy, six sigma, lean manufacturing
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Process Metallurgical Engineer job.