Key Account Manager
A highly innovative dairy genetics company is searching for a Key Account Manager with strong sales skills and a thorough knowledge of the dairy business. This dynamic individual will have a proven track record of sourcing and developing new key account clients, maintaining existing client relationships, achieving sales objectives, and implementing creative sales strategies within assigned accounts. This person will possess an understanding of dairy management, be able to communicate with clients effectively, work as a member of a team both with customers and own company staff. If you have demonstrated success with these qualities then this a great opportunity with a very solid forward thinking company.
Key Responsibilities for the Key Account Manager
- Meets or exceeds monthly and yearly revenue objectives within assigned Key Accounts.
- Builds a deep understanding of the customer's needs and responds in a way that creates respect and credibility. Serves as the main point of contact for the company in assigned accounts.
- Sells the companies value of products, services to assigned clients by articulating how our solutions meet their needs.
- Understands the value of the company's products, services, and pricing as well as competitive offerings and articulates the company's benefits in a manner meaningful to a customer.
- Develops, implements and drives account strategy plan - engaging customer at a strategic business level. Takes total ownership of account plan and communicating with support team.
- Works with local sales representatives to ensure first class client focus and service is provided.
Key Requirements for the Key Account Manager
- Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited College (Experience may be substituted)
- At least 5 years of solid successful sales/closing skills/business development expertise in the dairy industry
- Strong customer relations skills, organizational talents, as well as knowledge of the A.I. industry or genetics industry
- Must possess an aggressive value added selling and marketing approach along with high level business communication and negotiation skills
- Must have proficient computer skills especially with email, Microsoft Office and dairy herd software (Dairy Comp/Scout/PC Dart)
- Be able to travel 50%+ of the time
- Reside close to regional airport
What's in it for You?
- Be part of an industry leading company with more than 45 successful years serving dairy farmers around the world
- Access to cutting edge products and service to lead customers in the future
- Parent company owned research partners to insure newly developed products for you to have the latest leading technology in the market place
- Our client offer's a competitive salary based on experience, performance bonus, company vehicle, and full benefit package
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the National Key Account Manager job.