Coordinator of Bone Marrow Transplant (RN or NP)
Tal Healthcare, New York NY NY
Title: Coordinator of Bone Marrow Transplant (RN or NP)
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Hiring a Coordinator, Bone Marrow Transplant for a top academic medical center and integrated healthcare delivery system. The Coordinator, Bone Marrow Transplant will provide appropriate educational and emotional support for potential and actual transplant recipients and their families. The Coordinator, Bone Marrow Transplant will assist in quality assurance, research and develop clinical protocols to optimize patient care.
- Participates in the Pre-transplant medical and psychosocial assessment and their families.
- Provide educational and emotional support for transplant recipients and their families.
- Coordinate all medical work-ups and treatments/procedures of potential Bone Marrow recipients and potential bone marrow/stem cell donors. (Organize and collect all pre-intra and post-transplant clinical data including blood work, cardiac scans, pulmonary function testing, and kidney function testing.
- Coordinate and participate in the post-transplant follow-up care.
- Assist with development of pre-intra and post-transplant patient database.
- Assist in quality assurance, research and develop clinical protocols to optimize patient care
- Initiate and maintain all clinical records, statistics, data forms and clinical studies.
- Participate in Bone Marrow Transplant program interdisciplinary conferences.
- Act as liaison between Transplant program, other hospital departments and the community.
- Implement a patient referral outreach program for Bone Marrow transplantation.
- Conduct searches for Allogenic Bone Marrow Transplantation for related and unrelated bone marrow donors on National International bone marrow done registration.
- Streamline registration, financial screening, evaluation and data computerization of potential transplant recipients.
- Participate in developing marketing and patient information materials.
- RN License Required or NP License
- RN Masters Prepared preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Bone Marrow Transplant